Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Psalm 2

Greetings everyone hope you like Psalm 2

Just a quick word before I begin. I urge you all not to be like me in this instance and actually spend quality time in Ps. 2 today. I don't have that chance since I have to work both jobs today which I regret because its a great Psalm. So dont be like me. Meditate on it. Don't just read it.

Just like Psalm 1 is Ps. 1 for a reason (being that it is a psalm about Christ as the perfect model for us) Psalm 2 is Ps. 2 for a reason being that it speaks of the sovereignty of God to anoint the reign of the Christ of Ps. 1. What good is it if the messiah of Ps. 1 is not King? The answer is, no good. So in Ps. 1 Christ is the model and in Ps. 2, He reigns. And is this not exactly what is so awesome about the God we serve. He is King and yet He models for us what to do. He is sovereign yet humble. He rules and yet He serves. Ok, anyways, the Ps. starts off with a little sarcasm from God asking the kings of the earth (which He established by the way) why it is that they plot to take over and rule the earth? The Lord God already has a King. He laughs at them all. Ha ha! They dont realize it. We should not make the same mistake "for His wrath is easily kindled."

God Bless,
Matt

1 comment:

Kim said...

A question/observation/comment on verse 3..."'Let us break off their chains,' they say, 'and throw off their fetters.'"

In reading this, as part of the whole, it sounds to me as if the rulers and kings just have the wrong idea of who God is (and therefore, who His people are). It sounds as though the rulers believe that God is enslaved (or that his people are enslaved) - perhaps in the vein of "opium of the masses" type thinking. This verse was just curious to me - as though the rulers think they are going to free God from himself? Maybe I am reading it wrong, but it just makes them sound even more foolish than they already do.

Thoughts? Am I way off in my understanding of this?

I love this blog guys, way to go!