Sunday, February 3, 2008

Psalm 33: God spoke and it came to be

Psalm 33:9 "For He spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm"

Genesis 1:1-3 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said 'Let there be light,' and there was light."

At one time I did not exist, but then God spoke and I came to be. Although I had life, I was still empty and darkness was over the surface of my heart. Then God spoke and said "Let there be light in Bryan" and I believed in the Lord. God called me out of the darkness and gave me the Holy Spirit so that I would become a new creation. I know that I am nothing, but I also know that God can take a nothing like me and accomplish great things through my life. Thats what God does, he takes nothing and turns it into something wonderful. I am reminded of the faith of the centurion in Luke 7:7 "That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed." If God just says the word then it will be done. I know that I have many weaknesses, but if God just says the word, then I can do anything. This is because he is my strength and my source of life.

Bryan

No comments: