Monday, March 3, 2008

Psalm 63

"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You." ~ Psalm 63:3

This expression of faith and worship is one of the most beautiful verses in all the Bible. Really, what is life outside of God's lovingkindness? Emptiness...worthlessness...hopelessness. God's lovingkindness is the definition of real Life!

If I truly believe God's lovingkindness is better than my life, then what affects should that have in my daily actions? What I spend my time, what I think about, what I do, what I desire, what I spend my money on, and what I work for...these are all reflections of what I truly worship. Every single human being is a worshipper! The question is whom do we worship?

David in this psalm is worshipping God for His lovingkindness. Unfortunately, I often find myself worshipping other idols in my heart. I find things in my life which I seemingly consider better than God's lovingkindness. I devote myself to them with my time, money, and actions. Such sinfulness is incompatible with the worship of God. I must turn my eyes from such idols, have my mind renenewed by the Word, and proclaim the supreme value of God's lovingkindness.

The question today for you is not, "Are you a worshipper?" But rather, "Who are you worshipping today?" Is your life on the throne of your heart or is God's lovingkindness on the throne?

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

No comments: